Children’s Dentist Near Me
These are some of the most common questions we hear from parents, and the answers we provide:
When should I schedule my child’s first visit to the dentist?
Our team recommends that you schedule an appointment for your child as soon as your baby’s first tooth develops. If your child does not have teeth by their first birthday, you should schedule an appointment so we can ensure their teeth are developing properly. You can help protect your child’s teeth by establishing a pattern of regular dental visits.
How is a pediatric dentist different from other dentists?
A pediatric dentist must complete additional education necessary to provide care to children. Pediatric dentists undergo two to three years of specialty training to treat the specific oral health needs of infants and children through adolescence, including those with special needs.
What happens during my child’s first visit to the dentist?
- At your child’s first visit, you should expect to:
- Review your child’s history
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Bring any questions you would like answered
- Have your child’s mouth examined and cleaned
- Have our team help set your child at ease and make their visit fun
For other questions, please call our office. We’re here for you and your child.